State and Local Government
Government agencies are challenged with ensuring the security of access to computer systems and safeguarding these assets from both internal and external threats. With increasing e-Government initiatives, more sensitive data is now available within government datacenters, increasing the risks of IT security breaches and widening the impact of such breaches. As well, government regulations such as HSPD-12 (Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12) are creating additional pressure for IT departments that are under increasing demands to reduce costs.
DigitalPersona solutions replace passwords and tokens with fingerprint authentication providing secure and convenient network and application access, assisting with regulatory compliance and reducing IT support costs. DigitalPersona's approach in streamlining access control allows government IT departments to achieve the granularity of control that they need (down to the application and transaction level)-improving security without burdening end-users with complicated sign-on processes. Fingerprints are impossible to lose, hard to share and convenient to use. For example, after deploying DigitalPersona Pro, the Office of the Secretary of Defense reported a 90% reduction in password related help desk calls** along with high user satisfaction.
DigitalPersona's solutions can reduce government identity-related IT risk while improving operations by:
Increasing Security with Simplicity
- Locking down access to applications, databases and networks carrying and storing sensitive government and personnel data while maintaining simplified user access.
- Augmenting passwords to provide multi-factor authentication to sensitive applications and data.
Complying with IT Regulations, Mandates and Corporate Policies
- Improving regulatory compliance and accountability by providing unique identifier for each user at the point of transaction.
- Enabling irrefutable audit trails to assist with the compliance regulations such as HIPAA, SB1386 and others including the USA Patriot Act.
Improving Productivity and Accountability
- Reducing IT support costs from eliminating password reset requests.
- Increasing productivity by preventing user workstation lock-out due to expired or forgotten passwords.