This software update resolves an issue with the Group Policy setting “Show clear text password”. “Show clear text password” is a policy setting that allows or prevents users from displaying stored credentials for One Touch SignOn logons.
Installing this update on your DigitalPersona Pro 4.4.3 Server will replace the following files:
- DigitalPersonaProWksta.admx (in the PolicyDefinition folder)
- DigitalPersonaProWksta.adml (in the PolicyDefinition /language folder)
NOTE: This update is intended for use only with products detailed in the Compatibility section of this page.
* DigitalPersona Pro Server for Active Directory version 4.4.3
DigitalPersona supports the current and previous two software revisions of each DigitalPersona software product. Visit the Downloads section of this Web site to see a list of software releases and updates for your DigitalPersona software product.
- To start the installation, run DP04-02-008 msi appropriate for your installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the GPO: /User Configuration/DigitalPersonaPro/DigitalPersona Pro Workstation/OTS/OneTouchSignOn Configuration.
- Enable OneTouchSignOn Configuration and select the check box next to “Show clear text password”.
- If needed, provide a path to the One Touch SignOn templates container and apply the changes.
- Allow your workstations a GPO update cycle. You can accelerate this process by using the GPUPDATE /Force command at a command prompt.
- Open the OneTouchSignOn Configuration GPO and clear the check box next to “Show clear text password”.
- Again, allow your workstations a GPO update cycle. You can accelerate this process by using the GPUPDATE /Force command at a command prompt.
NOTE: Since Windows does not update policies unless changes have been made in a GPO, you will need to make some change after installing the patch to force a policy update.