Warranty Return Policy/Requesting an RMA
Warranty Returns for DigitalPersona Products Purchased Directly from DigitalPersona
Warranty information for your U.are.U products can be found under the "Limited Warranties and Warranty Service" section of your product Guide. Please read these sections carefully before contacting DigitalPersona.
Please refer to the Product Failures Not Covered By This Warranty section of your product Guide. For example: no replacement or refund will be issued for devices that have been opened, or that have intentional damage to the window coating, or that have been improperly cleaned, etc.
Testing Your Hardware Product
If you discover an error or defect that you believe is covered under DigitalPersona's Limited Warranty (within the warranty period), a few quick tests will help you to determine if the device is defective:
Test 1. Plug the questionable reader/module/keyboard into a different PC that is also running DigitalPersona software. If the device works on this second PC, then it is not defective.
Test 2. Plug a known good reader/module/keyboard into the PC in question. If this known good device functions correctly, then the original device may be defective.
After performing the above two tests, if you believe the DigitalPersona hardware product to be defective, then you may request an RMA number. To request an RMA number, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The full name and full version number of the DigitalPersona software product you have installed.
- The full name and full version number of the DigitalPersona hardware product.
- The results of the Tests 1 and 2 above.
- Please provide us the serial number printed on the product label of the reader, keyboard or module in question.
- Your contact information, including a phone number.
We will evaluate the information you provide us and if it is determined that the product should be returned for warranty evaluation, you will be issued an RMA number.
Please note the following:
- RMA numbers are valid for seven (7) days from date of issuance; this number must be clearly marked on the outside of your package. We will not accept packages without an RMA number. You must pre-pay shipping charges to return the product to DigitalPersona. We recommend that you ship your package using a carrier that will provide you with tracking information and proof of delivery. We also recommend that you insure your package, as DigitalPersona assumes no liability for lost packages or products damaged during shipment.
- A copy of your invoice must be enclosed in your package. Please verify that the purchase date falls within the warranty period before returning your product. We will not accept products purchased outside of the warranty period.
Please allow a minimum of 14 business days for us to receive and process your warranty return. If RMA testing process confirms that warranty service is required we will, at our option, either replace your product (with a new or remanufactured product), or refund your purchase price. If a refund is issued, we will credit your original method of payment. Please note that shipping charges are not refundable.
Warranty Returns for DigitalPersona Products You Purchased from an Authorized Partner
Warranty information for your DigitalPersona product can be found under the "Limited Warranties and Warranty Service" section of your product Guide. Please read these sections carefully before contacting your reseller or developer.
If you discover an error or defect that you believe is covered under DigitalPersona’s limited warranty please contact the Partner from whom you purchased your product to obtain information about their warranty return process. These purchases must be returned directly to the place of purchase. DigitalPersona will not accept product returns for products purchased from a Partner.
Non-Warranty Returns for Product Purchased Directly from DigitalPersona
DigitalPersona staff makes every effort to provide customers with sufficient product information prior to their purchase decision. For this reason, DigitalPersona considers all sales final.
However, if you believe any part of your purchase is missing or incorrect, please notify DigitalPersona within 7 days of the date you receive your order. If you have received an incorrect item, please do not open or use the item. We cannot accept open items for return.
To report missing or incorrect items, please send the following information to email@example.com:
Name and Company Name
Description of the problem
Non-Warranty Returns/Exchanges of DigitalPersona Products Purchased from an Authorized Partner
If you purchased your product from a DigitalPersona Partner, your purchase will be subject to the Partner’s refund/exchange policy. Please contact the Partner from whom you purchased your product to obtain information on their return policies. These purchases must be returned directly to the place of purchase - DigitalPersona will not accept product returns for products purchased from a Partner.
Updated April 15, 2008