DigitalPersona U.are.U SDK
The U.are.U SDK for Linux is a bold step forward in fingerprint biometric application development. With a brand new synchronous API, this release fully embraces image, template and compression standards. In addition, the DigitalPersona FingerJet biometric engine now features a MINEX certified extractor. This new direction provides developers with the flexibility to make unfettered choices of matching algorithms and the ability to comply with a growing customer requirement for standards support. Rounding out this exciting release is the support for ARM CPU architectures, empowering developers to create embedded applications.
The U.are.U SDK for Linux still includes a fully distributable, royalty-free DigitalPersona runtime engine, sample code, a detailed developer’s guide and kernel mode driver source code*. The U.are.U SDK for Linux is fully compatible with DigitalPersona U.are.U Fingerprint Readers, Modules and Keyboard.
Getting Started Bundle
The new “Getting Started” bundle contains everything a developer needs to start using DigitalPersona fingerprint biometrics, including a U.are.U 4500 or U.are.U 5100 reader, all the U.are.U SDKs, a Best Practices Guide, documentation, and free membership to the DigitalPersona Developer WebPortal. The new U.are.U SDKs are available to customers through this bundle offer. To access this new SDK bundle, Click Here or click on the “Getting Started Bundle” tile found in the right column of this and other SDK web pages.
U.are.U SDK for Linux v2.2.0 Feature Overview:
Standards support – In addition to legacy DigitalPersona image and minutiae formats, the U.are.U SDK for Linux offers support for the following standards:
- ISO 19794-4:2005, Fingerprint Image standard.
- ANSI/INCITS 381-2004, Finger Image Based Data Interchange Format.
- ISO/IEC 19794-2:2005, Biometric data interchange format.
- ANSI INCITS 378-2004 Finger minutiae data format.
- WSQ – includes support for Aware WSQ1000 SDK and NIST WSQ algorithm.
- MINEX (Minutiae Exchange) Certification - DigitalPersona submitted its FingerJet minutiae extraction SDK to the ongoing MINEX program. The FingerJet extractor was certified to create MINEX compliant templates.
- NIST FINGERPRINT IMAGE QUALITY (NFIQ) – Includes built-in support for the Aware NFIQ algorithm as well.
Embedded CPU architectures –U.are.U SDK for Linux enables the creation of embedded applications with new support for ARM EABI CPU architectures.
Integrated 1:n identification – The U.are.U SDK for Linux offers support for 1:n identification integrated into the FingerJet engine. No helper SDKs are needed.
Broad Linux distribution/kernel support - This release supports the following Linux distributions and kernels:
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04, 12.04
- OpenSUSE 11.3, 11.4, 12.1
- Fedora 14, 15, 16
- Kernel: Linux 2.6.32 through 3.2 (32bit/64 bit)
- The installer compiles the kernel in the customer’s environment to avoid installation problems caused by conflicts with unique customer configurations.
- Dependencies were removed for specific graphic packages that are not likely to be found in all customer environments. Sample code with UI elements can now be found on the DigitalPersona support site for customer download.
Supported Interfaces - ANSI C, C++ , Java and JavaPOS
Support - Programmer support can be purchased to speed the development of the end solution or application.
*The kernel mode driver source code is made available to developers in order to facilitate porting the driver to other Linux distributions. Attractively priced technical support packages are available for customers that require programming assistance.