TCS5 Swipe Sensor
The TCS5 fingerprint sensor is a high-value solution for the PC market with advanced capabilities. Supporting faster finger swipes, the TCS5 enables improved usability and its low power consumption is ideal for USB-based products focused on maximizing battery life.
This solution incorporates an LED controller and drivers, and features low bill of materials (BOM) costs with multiple package options.
The TCS5 is also compatible with the TCD58 companion processor which provides additional performance and features, including Power-On Authentication (POA) as well as support for LEDs and One-Time Passwords (OTP).
» See TCS5 Chipset for details.Key Features
- Touch control of cursor and menu navigation.
- Multiple battery-friendly operating modes.
- Internal current limiter, voltage regulator and USB clock generator.
- Supports USB 2.0 full speed host and SPI Flash memory interfaces.
- Small BGA packaging (2 options).
- Highly durable black SteelCoat coating including package option with matching bezel.
- Highly integrated design enables low bill of materials cost.
Easy to Use
- Advanced live layer imaging technology provides the most accurate fingerprint image.
- Minutia matching that supports different swipe angles.
- Anti-spoofing protection.
- User navigation features.
Touch Control Conveniences
- Able to read a wide range of fingerprints.
- Fast swipe speeds available.
- Rapid response from sleep/suspend states.
- Supports Single Sign-On from boot-up to desktop.
- Password replacement.
- Scroll wheel & rocker switch emulation.
- Quick application launch.
- Fast user switching .
- One-time Password Ready (OTP, with optional TCD companion chip).
- USB low power device supports selected suspend.
- Low power consumption in navigation and finger detection.
Robust Software Application Support
- Surface coating is highly resilient, withstanding more than 20 million rubs.
- Multi-factor authentication – tokens, smartcards, TPMs, etc.
- Broad operating system support including Windows, Linux, Win CE, Mac OS, Android and others.