The TCS5 Chipset is the most cost-effective solution capable of performing all the biometric processing locally, for best usability. It provides advanced features such as Power-On Authentication (POA) and One-Time Passwords (OTP) supporting a range of providers. This chipset maximizes first swipe success due to the rapid response and high performance possible by eliminating processing delays common when dependent on the host processor. This solution also features encrypted host communications, on-sensor LED controller and drivers, anti-spoofing support and minutia matching algorithms.
The TCS5 sensor is available in multiple package options for industrial design flexibility and features low bill of materials (BOM) costs.Key Features
- Supports USB 2.0, SPI and UART interfaces.
- Enables multiple One-Time Password (OTP) options (VIP, RSA & Vasco).
- Cursor and menu navigation.
- Multiple battery-optimized operating modes.
- Internal current limiter, voltage regulator & USB clock generator (TCS5).
- Highly durable black SteelCoat package coating including option with matching bezel.
- Highly integrated design enables low bill of materials cost.
Easy to Use
- Advanced technology provides the most accurate fingerprint image.
- Minutia matching that supports different swipe angles.
- Anti-spoofing protection.
- User navigation features.
- Pre-enrolled templates stored internally or sent to chipset from outside.
Touch Control Conveniences
- Able to read a wide range of fingerprints.
- Fast swipe speeds.
- Rapid response from sleep/suspend states.
- Supports single sign on from boot-up to desktop.
- Password replacement.
- Scroll wheel & rocker switch emulation.
- Quick application launch.
- Fast user switching .
- Power-On Authentication-ready (POA).
- One-time Password Ready (OTP) for VIP, RSA & Vasco.
- USB low power device supports selected suspend.
- Low power consumption in navigation and finger detection modes.
Robust Software Application Support
- Surface coating is highly resilient, withstanding more than 20 million rubs.
- Multi-factor authentication – tokens, smartcards, TPMs, etc.
- Windows login, file/folder encryption, secure email, password replacement, pre-boot authentication, and more.