TCS4K USB Swipe Sensor
The TCS4K is an enterprise-friendly solution for PC makers looking for versatility, including a wide imaging area, and standards-compatible minutia matching in a power efficient implementation. The TCS4K’s form factor supports applications requiring a wider fingerprint image (192 pixel / 9.6 mm wide sensing area) for enhanced usability and accuracy and its minutia matching algorithms include support for ISO 19794-2 & ANSI/INCITS 378 compatible minutia templates. The solution also supports additional security features including image data signing, encryption and anti-spoofing.
The TCS4K is compatible with the TCD58 companion processor which provides additional performance and features, including Power-On Authentication (POA), as well as support for LEDs and One-Time Passwords (OTP).
» See TCS4K Chipset for details.
- Multiple battery-friendly operating modes.
- Internal current limiter, voltage regulator and USB clock generator.
- Supports USB2.0 full speed host and EEPROM memory interfaces.
- BGA package.
- Highly durable black SteelCoat coating.
- Highly integrated design enables low bill of materials cost.
Easy to Use
- Advanced technology provides the most accurate fingerprint image.
- Minutia matching supports different swipe angles.
- Anti-spoofing protection.
- User navigation features.
Touch Control Conveniences
- Able to read a wide range of fingerprints.
- Fast swipe speeds.
- Rapid response from sleep/suspend states.
- Password replacement.
- Scroll wheel & rocker switch emulation.
- Quick application launch.
- Fast user switching .
- One-Time Password-ready (OTP) (with optional TCD58 Companion Processor).
- USB low power device supports selected suspend.
- Low power consumption in navigation and finger detection.
Robust Software Application Support
- Surface coating is highly resilient, withstanding more than 20 million rubs.
- Multi-factor authentication – tokens, smartcards, etc.
- Broad operating system support including Windows, Linux, Win CE, Mac OS, Android and others.