The TCS4K / TCD58 chipset is an all-in-one, enterprise-friendly solution capable of performing all the necessary functions to match a finger that is swiped across the sensor surface against a pre-enrolled fingerprint template. Performing the biometric processing locally, the chipset maximizes first swipe success due to the rapid response and high performance possible by eliminating processing delays common when dependent on the host processor.
Power-On Authentication (POA), One-Time Passwords (OTP) and encrypted host communications are supported by the chipset along with LED features.
The TCS4K’s wide form factor supports applications requiring a wider fingerprint image (192 pixel / 9.6 mm wide sensing area) for enhanced usability and accuracy and its minutia matching algorithms include support for ISO 19794-2 & ANSI/INCITS 378 compatible minutia templates. Key Features
- Enables multiple One-Time Password (OTP) options (VIP, RSA, etc.).
- Cursor and menu navigation capability.
- Multiple battery-optimized operating modes.
- Internal current limiter & voltage regulator (TCS4K).
- Highly durable black SteelCoat coating.
- Highly integrated design enables low bill of materials cost.
Easy to Use
- Advanced technology provides the most accurate fingerprint image.
- Minutia matching supports different swipe angles.
- Anti-spoofing protection.
Touch Control Conveniences
- Able to read a wide range of fingerprints.
- Fast swipe speeds.
- Rapid response from sleep/suspend states.
- Password replacement.
- Scroll wheel & rocker switch emulation.
- Quick application launch.
- Fast user switching .
- Supports One-Time Password (OTP).
- USB low power device supports selected suspend.
- Low power consumption in navigation and finger detection.
Robust Software Application Support
- Surface coating is highly resilient, withstanding more than 20 million rubs.
- Multi-factor authentication – tokens, smartcards, etc.
- Broad operating system support including Windows, Linux, Win CE, Mac OS, Android and others.