TCS2 Touch Sensor
The TouchChip TCS2 fingerprint sensor offers a medium size capture area for a silicon fingerprint sensor, ensuring reliable biometric performance at a cost effective price. When the TCS2 is combined with Enhanced Image Mode (EIM) technology it delivers the same image quality as the FIPS-201 certified TCS1 sensor. When the SteelCoat protective technology is added, the TCS2 delivers excellent biometric performance while providing additional protection for the sensor. The TouchChip TCS2 sensor has been designed into a wide variety of logical and physical access control devices where the convenience of “touch” is preferred and budget is a factor.
The TCS2 sensor provides excellent fingerprint images across a wide range of users, making it a highly reliable solution for many identity verification applications. The patented silicon fingerprint imaging technology delivers a high signal-to-noise ratio with excellent robustness in a compact package and low power. If you are looking for best-in-class biometric performance in a small form factor and have a limited budget, the TCS2 fingerprint sensor is for you.
- Most widely deployed silicon touch sensor technology.
- Same image quality as larger TCS1 sensor that is FIPS-201 certified.
- Ideal for more cost sensitive touch applications.
- Small size and low power.
Easy to Use
- Active capacitance technology delivers excellent image quality and ability to acquire.
- Enhanced Image Mode (EIM) optimizes image quality over a broad range of skin types and capture conditions. It eliminates latent images during capture.
- SteelCoat coating (black) improves ruggedness.
Simple to Integrate
- Users just touch the sensor surface and their image is captured. On-board electronics ensure fast capture.
- Complete set of development tools.
- Tab package allows for quick mechanical integration.
- Broad software support from leading algorithm providers, ISV’s and system integrators.
- Supports ingress protection protects from dust and moisture penetration (requires gasket, sold separately).