TCS1 Touch Sensor
The TouchChip TCS1 fingerprint sensor offers our largest image capture area for a silicon fingerprint sensor, ensuring the best possible biometric performance. When the TCS1 is combined with Enhanced Image Mode (EIM) technology, the FBI has certified that this product meets the FBI’s Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems Image quality specifications. The TouchChip TCS1 sensor has been designed for applications such as logical and physical access control, mobile ID devices and other government and enterprise security applications where fast capture and excellent biometric performance are the top priority.
The TCS1 sensor provides excellent fingerprint images across a wide range of users, making it a highly reliable solution for large scale identity management applications. The patented silicon fingerprint imaging technology delivers a high signal-to-noise ratio with excellent robustness in a compact package and low power. If you are looking for best-in-class biometric performance in a small form factor and low power, the TCS1 fingerprint sensor is for you.
- Most widely deployed silicon touch sensor technology.
- TCS1 sensor is the only FIPS-201 certified silicon fingerprint sensor.
- Ideal for more multi-user and identification applications that require excellent biometric performance.
- Small size and low power.
Easy to Use
- Active capacitance technology delivers excellent image quality and ability to acquire.
- Enhanced Image Mode (EIM) optimizes image quality over broad range of skin types and capture conditions, plus it eliminates latent images during capture.
- SteelCoat coating (black) improves ruggedness.
Simple to Integrate
- Users just touch the sensor surface and their image is captured. On-board electronics ensure fast capture.
- Complete set of development tools.
- Tab package allows for quick mechanical integration.
- Broad software support from leading algorithm providers, ISV’s & system integrators.
- Supports ingress protection protects from dust and moisture penetration (requires gasket, sold separately).