TCEF USB Modules
TouchChip TCEF USB fingerprint modules leverage widely deployed and proven TouchChip silicon fingerprint sensors, packaging them into a drop-in module for easy integration and fast time-to-market. These modules come pre-assembled and pre-calibrated so they just work. The integrated bezel provides a simple mechanical interface that offers water and dust protection if needed (with optional gasket). The on-board processor manages all of the device functions from optimizing the captured image, to template extraction, to matching up to 100 locally stored templates. Communications can be encrypted protecting the privacy of transmitted data.
These modules operate at 3.3v or 5v with different sensor configurations from FIPS-201 compliant to a cost-sensitive SteelCoat version, offering choice and flexibility. These TouchChip modules are the ideal choice when a compact, self-contained biometric capture and matching system is needed and power is limited.Key Features
- USB solution uses the most widely deployed silicon TouchChip sensors in the market.
- Easy to integrate – drop in module is factory assembled, calibrated and tested.
- Compact size.
- Low Power – for long battery life.
- On Board Matching – image capture plus template extract, match & storage up to ~100 users.
Easy to Use
- Active capacitance technology delivers excellent image quality & excellent ability to acquire.
- Enhanced Image Mode (EIM) optimizes image quality over broad range of skin types & capture conditions, plus eliminates latent images during capture.
- FIPS-201 version with gold coating provides best-in-class image quality (TCS1C version only).
- SteelCoat coating (black) improves ruggedness.
Simple to Integrate
- Users just touch the sensor surface and their image is captured. On-board electronics ensure fast capture.
- Optional gasket provides water/dust protection to IP 63.
- Complete set of development tools.
- Integrated bezel allows for quick mechanical integration.
- Broad software support from leading algorithm providers, ISV’s & system integrators.
- Supports ingress protection protects from dust and moisture penetration (requires separate gasket).